October 25, 2011
Yesterday, Families USA released a report outlining the benefits to Virginians of the "Obamacare" health care reform legislation. Also yesterday, Thanks Obamacare! launched a media campaign to take back the term "Obamacare" and publicize the effects of the law.
The Progressive Point: When you get sick, you should be able to see a doctor. Its just that simple. Obamacare puts you in charge of you and your family's health care, not the insurance companies. Thanks to Obamacare, all Virginians have access to the same quality health care members of Congress receive. And thanks to Obamacare, families and small businesses have more choices for affordable health care coverage. That equals more people receiving quality care and more money in people's pockets. Thanks Obamacare!
10 Reasons to Thank Obamacare:
1. Congress will have the same health care as the rest of us.
2. People under 26 can stay on their parents' health insurance.
3. Insurers must justify rate hikes.
4. No discrimination of coverage based on gender.
5. Insurance can't kick sick people off of coverage.
6. Chain restaurants must post calorie content.
7. No denial of coverage based on pre-existing conditions.
8. No copays for birth control, breast pumps, and domestic violence screenings.
9. No annual or lifetime limits on needed care.
10. Small businesses get tax credits to help provide insurance to their workers.
Get the facts at www.thanksobamacare.org
Tweet it: #ThanksObamacare for increasing health care coverage and lowering costs. http://bit.ly/vK7v0q via @ProgressVA