What we’re offering: An opportunity to join our hard-charging team. The vibe at Progress Virginia is fun, hardworking, and nimble. It’s a great place to work if you want to expand your skills, have the autonomy to run projects on your own, and the collaborative instincts to pitch in as needed with a good attitude. This full-time position reports to the Director of Digital. Responsibilities include:
- Social Media: Source, schedule and manage daily content for social media channels, monitor mentions and comments, follow relevant and breaking news stories and share on platforms, monitor partner channels and activities to amplify and support
- Manage ActionKit (CRM) including: list segmentation, fundraising campaigns, email programs, targeting by issues and districts, maintenance and updates of templates and automated emails, develop all campaign pages (petitions, signups, etc.)
- Provide technical/best practices support to staff for WordPress CMS and ActionKit CRM, and also for social media platforms and other tools—including social media, livestreams, editorial calendar
- Maintain and update website(s), posting new content as needed and setting up new microsites using simple templates
- Run and report on analytics for website, social media, and our CRM (ActionKit)
- Assign blogs, emails, and social content, managing the editorial calendar
- Assist in brainstorming digital campaigns
- Employ a testing mentality to new ideas, campaigns, and content to learn about what works
- Edit and proofread as needed, working under the guidance of the Director, Digital
- Own projects start to finish, as assigned and overseen by supervisor
- Work proactively and volunteer assistance, often working under tight schedules
- Support staff by providing creative ways to promote offline organizing through digital channels
- Work as part of a team to maximize the delivery of progressive results
- Experience with Creative Suite, Canva or other design programs are helpful but not required
- Experience with HTML, SQL, etc., is helpful, but not required
Here’s how to apply:
- Please send your resume and portfolio samples (if available) to our Digital Director, Carla Uriona, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Digital Organizer” in subject heading.
- Include a very specific cover letter highlighting key experience/accomplishments related to the five requirements above. Please include a note about your commitment to progressive issues. Resumes without this won’t be considered. Applicants without “on-the-job” work experience (internships don’t count!) will also not be considered.
Apply quickly, as we’re looking to hire immediately.
Location: We all work remotely across Virginia. You’ll be working from home but very occasionally asked to cover/support an event somewhere in the state (e.g., Richmond, Hampton Roads, NOVA)
Progress Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Progress Virginia is a multi-issue progressive advocacy organization that combines cutting edge online organizing and communications with rapid and hard-hitting earned media strategies. Year round, ProgressVA works to engage citizens from across the Commonwealth around issues of immediate state or local concern.
Our mission is to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems. But we don’t do that on our own—we work as a communications team for the entire progressive community. We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas—a campaign that never stops.