From the Blog
- McDonnell's Louisiana Education Model Comes With Few Results (Friday, Feb 8, 2013)
- McDonnell's Education Reform Mentor Carries Water For Private Education Profiteers (Friday, Feb 1, 2013)
- Key Virginia GOP State Senators Previously Opposed Electoral Vote Gerrymander Scheme (Thursday, Jan 24, 2013)
- Caroling Against Cuts Live UPDATED (Monday, Dec 10, 2012)
- Caroling Against Cuts Across Virginia Tomorrow (Sunday, Dec 9, 2012)
- "Fiscal Cliff" Notes (Monday, Nov 26, 2012)
ProgressVA Statement on Congressman Cantor's scheduled "jobs" event
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 7, 2011
In response to news first reported in Politico that Congressman Cantor will hold his own jobs event in Richmond this Friday, ProgressVA Executive Director Anna Scholl released the following statement:
"Last week, Congressman Cantor called his unemployed constituents a "distraction" and refused to speak with them. The real distraction is Cantor's insistence on playing petty political games instead proposing a single piece of legislation to put Virginians back to work. Its time he stopped grandstanding and started focusing on helping struggling Virginians."
ProgressVA is a progressive multi-issue advocacy organization. Year round, ProgressVA works to engage citizens from across the state around issues of immediate state or local concern. Our mission is to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems.