From the Blog
- Do you want to be a ProgressVA 2014 Legislative Intern? (45 minutes ago)
- VIDEO - Cuccinelli and Obenshain's Personhood History (Monday, Jul 29, 2013)
- UPDATED: McDonnell/Cuccinelli Star Scientific timeline graphic (Wednesday, Jul 17, 2013)
- ICYMI: Ken Cuccinelli's Back Door Abortion Ban Shutters Second Women's Health Center (Wednesday, Jul 17, 2013)
- GRAPHIC: What if Bob McDonnell Was Held To The Same Standard As Marion Barry? (Friday, Jul 12, 2013)
- Cuccinelli's Koch Party (Wednesday, May 29, 2013)
ProgressVA Statement on Congressman Cantor's scheduled "jobs" event
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 7, 2011
In response to news first reported in Politico that Congressman Cantor will hold his own jobs event in Richmond this Friday, ProgressVA Executive Director Anna Scholl released the following statement:
"Last week, Congressman Cantor called his unemployed constituents a "distraction" and refused to speak with them. The real distraction is Cantor's insistence on playing petty political games instead proposing a single piece of legislation to put Virginians back to work. Its time he stopped grandstanding and started focusing on helping struggling Virginians."
ProgressVA is a progressive multi-issue advocacy organization. Year round, ProgressVA works to engage citizens from across the state around issues of immediate state or local concern. Our mission is to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems.