From the Blog
- Two Steps Back From Banning Discrimination (Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014)
- Update: Manassas's Measure to Ban Abortion (Friday, Jan 24, 2014)
- Gift Loopholes Big Enough For A McDonnell Sized Scandal (Wednesday, Jan 22, 2014)
- Dickie Bell's Detrimental Bill (Friday, Jan 17, 2014)
- URGENT CALLERS NEEDED: Fetal Anomaly Amendment up at 4PM! (Thursday, Jan 16, 2014)
- The Unaddressed "Accomplishments" of Governor McDonnell (Thursday, Jan 9, 2014)
TweetsTweets by @ProgressVA
ProgressVA Applauds Board of Elections Rejection of Romney Attack on Democracy
ProgressVA Applauds State Board of Elections' Rejection of Romney Request to Quash Voter Registration
Richmond, VA - ProgressVA today applauded the decision by the Virginia State Board of Elections to reject requests from the Romney for President campaign to quash voter registration and initiate a criminal investigation into lawful registration efforts by the nonpartisan Voter Participation Center. The Board reached its decision after receiving over 8,300 petitions from Virginians across the Commonwealth opposing the Romney campaign's efforts to limit voter participation. ProgressVA Executive Director Anna Scholl released the following statement:
"We're thrilled the Board of Elections has seen through this partisan attempt by the Romney campaign to suppress voter participation in Virginia and rightly rejected their attempts to quash registration efforts. Our democracy is strongest when every citizen participates. With more than 2 million eligible Virginians unregistered, the work of organizations like the Voter Participation Center is essential to ensuring every eligible voter has the opportunity to make their voice heard at the ballot box."
Since Thursday morning, 8,394 Virginians took action to tell the Board to deny any request to reject valid voter registration applications and work instead to ensure every eligible voter can cast a ballot that counts.