From the Blog
- Two Steps Back From Banning Discrimination (Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014)
- Update: Manassas's Measure to Ban Abortion (Friday, Jan 24, 2014)
- Gift Loopholes Big Enough For A McDonnell Sized Scandal (Wednesday, Jan 22, 2014)
- Dickie Bell's Detrimental Bill (Friday, Jan 17, 2014)
- URGENT CALLERS NEEDED: Fetal Anomaly Amendment up at 4PM! (Thursday, Jan 16, 2014)
- The Unaddressed "Accomplishments" of Governor McDonnell (Thursday, Jan 9, 2014)
Is today the day Romney comes clean about his plan for Virginia families?
Romney's trail of whoppers heads to Virginia: Is today the day he comes clean about his plan for Virginia families?
As Romney heads to Fishersville today for a campaign rally, his debate performance last night is keeping fact checkers across the country employed. Among the whoppers Romney trotted out last night: his tax planwouldn't raise taxes on the middle class, his health care plan would continue to cover Americans with preexisting conditions, denying the existence of tax credits for shipping jobs overseas and repeatedly accusing President Obama of cutting Medicare benefits.
Since Virginia families can't count on Romney to come clean about what his proposals would mean for us, nonprofit organizations ProgressVA and Center for American Progress Action Fund have crunched the numbers in a new report, "The Real Cost of the Romney Ryan Plan to Virginians". Here's a few of the facts you won't likely hear from the Republican nominee in Fishersville tonight:
ProgressVA Executive Director Anna Scholl commented, "Facts matter to Virginia families, and the simple fact is that under his plan, Gov. Romney's top direct donor would receive over $2 billion in direct tax benefits while a typical police officer in Richmond making a little over $48,760 a year would see their taxes increase by $1,660. We need leaders who will value and invest in the middle class, not pull the rug out from under us."
ProgressVA is a multi-issue advocacy organization dedicated to engaging citizens from across the Commonwealth around issues of immediate state and local concern. www.ProgressVA.org