The following principles apply to the personally identifying information we ask for and that you provide. "Personally identifying information" is information that individually identifies you, such as your name, physical address or email address.
- We collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This log information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
- Some of our services require you to register for an account. We ask you for some personal information in order to create an account (such as your name, email address, mailing address, and a password for your account) and we will use that information to provide the service. In the event you choose to make a donation online to ProgressVA.org, we request credit card information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
- When we require personally identifying information, we will inform you about the types of information we collect and how we use it. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal information with us.
- We will not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies, organizations or individuals. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We conclude that we are required by law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of ProgressVA.org, our members or the public.
- If you have an account, we may share the information submitted under your account among all of our services in order to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
- Signing onto an online action that clearly identifies a partner organization as a partner in the action is considered consent to sharing the information provided on that action with that partner organization. If we offer a partnership email that provides a clear, prominent and simple opportunity to opt-out and recipients do not opt out that is considered consent to sharing name, email address, and zip-code information with that organization.
- We may share aggregated information with others, such as the number of members who are participating in local groups.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Changes to this Policy
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at any time by email at email@example.com or at the following phone number: (434) 218-2113